On 21/01/14 13:02, Martin Babutzka wrote:
Thanks for the replies! I hesitantly updated to dnsmasq-2.68 since I
first wanted to stick to the version provided with Debian wheezy. The
quiet-options really reduce the amount of syslog messages except for:
"dnsmasq-dhcp[23663]: no address range available for DHCPv6 request via
eth5"
Concerning the link-local addresses it actually looks like this is the
default when advertising gateways in local networks. Unfortunately other
software to proxy/relay dhcpv6 and ra can not handle it properly. It is
basically possible to also advertise the routers global address (see
here: http://www.macfreek.nl/memory/Non-Local_IPv6_Router_Advertisement
and the RFC here: http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6275#section-7.2 ). Is
this option also available in dnsmasq? In radvd it is called
"AdvRouterAddr on;".

There are two different thinks here: the router address and the DNS server address.

I think that the router address is always taken as the source address of the RA packets, and therefore has to be link-local.

The DNS server address is advertised as the global address in DHCPv6 and the link-local address in RA, by default.

You can force a particular address in RA and DHCpv6 by using dhcp-option, indeed you can specify the option is all zeros to specify the global address. This applies to both DHCPv6 and RA so

dhcp-option=option6:dns-server,[::]

will force the dhcpv6 DNS address to be the global address (no change) and the RA DNS address to be the same, which is what you want, I think.

The next release adds the ability to specify link-local, ULA or global addresses.

Cheers,

Simon.

Many regards,
Martin