On 02/04/14 21:24, Simon Kelley wrote:

> This is, I think, just an oversight. synth-domain certainly generates
> "Locally defined DNS records" which is what the auth-zone is specified
> to contain.

Actually, there is a reason. It doesn't in general make sense to include
the records created by synth-domain in a zone transfer, since there are
likely to be a lot of them. They could be included in answers for the
auth-zone, at the expense of the additional complication that the zone
answered by dnsmasq becomes no longer exactly the zone that's transfered
to a secondary (since the synth-domain answers can't be included in the
transfer).

Simon.