From: "Simon Kelley" <si...@thekelleys.org.uk>
To: dnsmasq-disc...@thekelleys.org.uk
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 4:30:15 PM
Subject: Re: [Dnsmasq-discuss] Locking Down DNS Queries to Correct Servers

Your config doesn't include

no-resolv

so dnsmasq will be reading /etc/resolv.conf looking for servers there,
as well as the ones you've defined. If a DHCP client on the machine got
a DHCP lease from the rogue server, it could have put the DNS server
address from that DHCP lease in /etc/resolv.conf That would get queries
NOT in *.example.com sent to the rogue server.

Cheers,

Simon.