Hi All,

I've got a question and potential enhancement request. It looks like right now,
the (very useful) interface-name feature pulls all (global) addresses from the
interface. One of my machines uses IPv6 privacy extensions (known in Linux as
use_tempaddr), which means that in addition to link-local and permanent global
addresses, it has a rotating cast of ~ 5 temporary addresses. I suggest that
dnsmasq should detect those temporary addresses and not return them for queries
that would otherwise hit interface-name. Returning them as it does now means >
5 AAAA records for a single name, which causes repeated confusion due to things
like SSH warning about an unknown host because it has suddenly picked a
previously-unknown temporary address to connect to. Thoughts?

Yours,
~ Michael Gorbach