Hello, this is my first post in this mailing list and I am a newbie to
dnsmasq. So please be a bit patient with me.

I think I am not the first having the following problem and there is a
solution, but I haven't seen it yet.
I want to setup multiple IP ranges for different ethernet-enabled devices.
Many of them should get fixed addresses by dnsmasq, others should
get real dynamic addresses. What I want is the following:

- defining several DHCP-Ranges with and without tagnames, e.g.:
        DHCP-RANGE=tag:external,<IP-Start>,<IP-
End>,255.255.255.0,8h
        DHCP-RANGE=tag:local1,<IP-Start>,<IP-
End>,255.255.255.0,1h
        DHCP-RANGE=tag:local2,<IP-Start>,<IP-
End>,255.255.255.0,1h
        DHCP-RANGE=tag:local3,<IP-Start>,<IP-
End>,255.255.255.0,1h
        DHCP-RANGE=<IP-Start>,<IP-End>,255.255.255.0,2h
- defining several DHCP-Hosts with and without fixed IPs, names, but
all existing range tags
        DHCP-HOST=<MAC1>,set:external,<Name1>
        DHCP-HOST=<MAC2>,set:external,<IP2>,<Name2>
        DHCP-HOST=<MAC3>,set:local1,<IP3>
        DHCP-HOST=<MAC4>,set:local1,<IP4>
        DHCP-HOST=<MAC5>,set:local2,<IP5>,<Name5>
        DHCP-HOST=<MAC6>,set:local3,<IP6>
- using partly specified MAC addresses (vendor specific) so that devices
with matching MAC addresses get IP addresses of DHCP range
"local2"
        DHCP-HOST=11:22:33:*:*:*,set:local2
- using different gateways - or more specific suppress internet access
        DHCP-OPTION=tag:local1,3,127.0.0.1
        DHCP-OPTION=tag:local2,3,127.0.0.1
        DHCP-OPTION=tag:local3,3,127.0.0.1
        DHCP-OPTION=3,<Gateway-IP>

What I expected
I expected the host with <MAC1> will get an IP from the range tagged as
"external", but it gets one of the untagged range. Other PCs previously
having an IP in the local1 range but reconfigured to get an external one
remain on the earlier address and do not have access to the internet
any more.
Dnsmasq runs on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.6, After modifying the
config file
I stopped the network and dnsmasq services, cleared the arp cache
and restarted the services as follows, but the problem remains.
service network stop
service dnsmasq stop
ip neigh flush dev eth1
service dnsmasq start
service network start

Who can give me some advice? Or tell me where I'an wrong.

Thanks in advance

I tried to stop the network service and the dnsmasq service, mod