Hello,

In China some of us use dnsmasq to resolv all domestic domains from local
nameservers, but anything else from other more secure nameservers, e.g. via VPN
tunnel or dnscrypt. We have a list of 20k+ local domains, which is translated
into 20k+ lines of config file[1].

Dnsmasq works just fine in this configuration. Memory footprint and query speed
are still very good. But it produces too many logs. In fact it produce a log
entry for each of these “server=/.../.../” lines every time it starts/reloads.
The logs look like

> using nameserver 223.6.6.6#53 for domain youxiwangguo.com

I have went through doc and source code, but there is no option to disable these
logs. I can filter the logs, but it is not very ideal, and I will have to do
that for both rsyslog and journald.

Can dnsmasq itself make some changes or add a config option to disable/reduce
these logs?

1. https://github.com/felixonmars/dnsmasq-china-list

See also https://github.com/felixonmars/dnsmasq-china-list/issues/124, which I
reported.