I don't have much of a clue about this, but as you've asked on the
dnsmasq list, one dnsmasq-based thing you can do is enable

log-queries

in your dnsmasq configuration. That will tell you what queries are being
made, and what answers are coming back.

ETA. I wonder if the problem is reverse-lookups of  31.184.194.81
What does

dig -x 31.184.194.81

say?

Simon.