Hi Albert,

My issues were caused by running dnsmasq in a FreeBSD jail.  Basic jails (using
iocage as the jail manager, at least) use shared IP networking that is not a
complete network stack.  All other services I host inside jails work fine, but
apparently I will need to change to use VNET/VIMAGE networking for the jails to
allow dnsmasq to respond properly.

Sorry for the false alarm, since this is not a dnsmasq issue.  I did learn a
good amount, though :-)

Best regards,

Bill