I have some doubts and concerns regarding the dnsmasq.c function poll_resolv().
 As I understand the code, this function has a for loop that iterates through a
linked list of resolv_files... and checks if any resolve file has changed. The
latest variable is set to point to the file with the latest timestamp... in
essence, which file changed last.  And for the latest file, reload_servers is

First, I don't understand the scenario in which there may be multiple resolv
files; when might this happen?

Secondly, I am concerned on what might happen if there is a failure to
reload_servers?  The main loop of this function has picked only one file to
reload from all in the list, but if reload_servers should fail to read this
file, then it does not try to reload_servers() for any of the other files on
the list that may have timestamps showing change.  And to the doubters, in my
testing, I am seeing reload_server failed to read the /etc/resolv.conf file as
it is in transition (being updated)... so a failure to find a server is

I guess what I am concerned about the most is in the case of multiple resolv
files.... a failure to reload_servers() could leave dnsmasq without any servers
to use... even in the case where another resolv file might have legitimate
server info but was skipped over because its timestamp was less than the latest.

This function seems a bit problematic. Perhaps I am missing something or just
don't understand it correctly. Comments?

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are the property of Belkin
International, Inc. and/or its affiliates, are confidential, and are intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is
addressed. If you are not one of the named recipients or otherwise have reason
to believe that you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender and delete this message immediately from your computer. Any other use,
retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is
strictly prohibited. Pour la version fran?aise:
http://www.belkin.com/email-notice/French.html F?r die deutsche ?bersetzung: