Hi Rahul,

Le Mon, 21 Nov 2016 13:43:24 +0000
Rahul Jain <rahul2...@outlook.com> a écrit:

> Hi all,
>
>     I want to know about all the changes(internally as in files etc)
> when "service dnsmasq start" is executed. I noticed one change that
> it edits the /etc/resolv.conf. The reason is when I set the add-mac
> option in /etc/dnsmasq.conf and start the dnsmasq service, I'm able
> to get the EDNS0 option in a dns query but when I compiled from the
> source and ran it, the same thing doesn't happen.

I believe you are mistaking two things here: the dnsmasq executable on
the one hand, and the operating system use of dnsmasq on the other hand.

The dnsmasq project only provides the dnsmasq executable. It does not
provide the scripts that the "service dnsmasq start" or "service
dnsmasq stop" commands will run.

These scripts are part of the operating system, and may actually vary
from distribution to distribution.

For instance, dnsmasq *never* edits the /etc/resolv.conf file -- this
is a system change which only the system can perform in a consistent
way.

To understand what "service dnsmasq *" does on your system, you should
refer to the documentation of the distribution you are using.

> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Rahul Jain

Amicalement,
--