On 01/14/2017 06:06 PM, Chris Green wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 14, 2017 at 03:40:52PM +0100, Albert ARIBAUD wrote:
[snip]
>> Or maybe I am missing something. What is your use case?
>>
> Well for one it's useful to be able to check whether dnsmasq is using
> a sensible DNS server.
[snip]

That's what I'm aiming for.  There is an application on a remote
computer that is failing because it appears to initially get a working
nameserver but then somewhere early on the DNS fails.  I think it would
help the diagnosis to see which nameservers dnsmasq is actually calling
or caching.  Because it's not my system and it is remote, I have to go
step by step, slowly.  Since everything on that system, in regards to
DNS, is going via Dnsmasq, I'd like to see what it has loaded and is using.

Regards,
Lars