Hi Kevin,

Reading the man page, I would expect the primary address is returned
(localized) and  it acts just like any /etc/hosts entry. This would imply that
this is a bug or oversight.

quote:
-interface-name=<name>,<interface>[/4|/6]
    Return a DNS record associating the name with the __ primary address __ on
the given interface. This flag specifies an A or AAAA record for the given name
in the __ same way as an /etc/hosts line __, except that the address is not
constant, but taken from the given interface

(I don't use router DNS that specifically, so I failed to test this detail
before submitting to LEDE. )

Eric