On 31/01/17 16:57, Simon Kelley wrote:

It's included in the Debian, (and therefore Ubuntu) packaging.

Of course the only difference it makes is to the interpretation of
domain names in /etc/hosts and friends and config files. - IDNs get
cached and forwarded by dnsmasq fine without the support being included.

OK, it also affects logging, I think. göögle.com  appears in the logs
göögle.com and not as xn--ggle-5qaa.com

Knowing that LEDE's lack of compiling IDN support for dnsmasq prompted this question I started investigating how easy it would be to do.

It highlighted an issue with LEDE/Openwrt libidn package install script - fix PR here https://github.com/openwrt/packages/pull/3925

Another build option for LEDE's dnsmasq package is currently lurking in my LEDE repo - I've not done a PR on that yet as I'm unsure how LEDE/openwrt handles building a base package (dnsmasq) which references libs outside the base build (openwrt/packages) https://github.com/kdarbyshirebryant/lede-source/tree/dnsmasqidn

Kevin