On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 08:48:30PM +0200, Floris Bos wrote:

> > I'm not sure hardcoding an entire OUI is the right reaction to such
> > opposition.
>
> So what do you propose that the reaction should be instead?

In your specific case, I would use netem [1] to introduce a delay to
incoming DHCP packets.  I dislike the idea of deliberately introducing
performance penalties to upstream software, and I think fixes like this
needlessly complicate things.  Broken hardware is a site-specific issue
and should be addressed in a site-specific manner.

khm

1 - https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/networking/netem