On 07/04/17 23:00, Simon Kelley wrote:
On 06/04/17 14:01, Pedro MG Palmeiro wrote:
Dnsmasq trunk replies are being ignored by some devices, in my case, two
epson printers (AL-M200).
Dnsmasq 2.76 works fine.

This could be related with
http://thekelleys.org.uk/gitweb/?p=dnsmasq.git;a=commit;
=88a77a78ad27adc3ed87b7ee603643d26cb896ee

Has the 'could' been confirmed?  Otherwise the wrong problem is being fixed.

Please refer to
https://bugs.lede-project.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=673
for tcpdumps.

But RFC 6842 assures us that no clients are broken by this change :)

The options here, as I see it are

1) revert the change and don't support 6842
2) provide a way to disable the client-id reply for broken clients.
3) provide a flag to disable the client-id for all clients.
4) make the new behaviour optional, and provide a flag to enable it.
5) declare it No Our Problem and get the broken clients fixed.

For me: Option 2 - client specific fix for client specific bug.

Cheers,

Kevin