On 07/04/17 23:00, Simon Kelley wrote:
On 06/04/17 14:01, Pedro MG Palmeiro wrote:
Dnsmasq trunk replies are being ignored by some devices, in my case, two
epson printers (AL-M200).
Dnsmasq 2.76 works fine.
This could be related with
Has the 'could' been confirmed? Otherwise the wrong problem is being fixed.
Please refer to
But RFC 6842 assures us that no clients are broken by this change :)
The options here, as I see it are
1) revert the change and don't support 6842
2) provide a way to disable the client-id reply for broken clients.
3) provide a flag to disable the client-id for all clients.
4) make the new behaviour optional, and provide a flag to enable it.
5) declare it No Our Problem and get the broken clients fixed.
For me: Option 2 - client specific fix for client specific bug.
Dnsmasq-discuss mailing list