From: Petr Mensik [mailto:pemen...@redhat.com]
Sent: Monday, 10 April 2017 8:51 PM
To: Nathan Downes <nathandow...@hotmail.com>
Cc: dnsmasq-discuss@lists.thekelleys.org.uk
Subject: Re: [Dnsmasq-discuss] FW: Cachesize

Hi Nathan.

If you hit a cache limit of 10000 quite often, are you sure dnsmasq is still
the best choice for that server? I think dnsmasq focuses on small home routers
and end networks. Have you considered other caching resolver, unbound for
example? I think if this limit is not enough, maybe your network is not small
enough. There is limit for some reason. I hope full cache does not mean
recursion will stop working, but I did not validate that assumption.

I think main DNS resolvers of ISP network should use something more heavy than
dnsmasq.
How many end hosts are using that server?
Do you require dnsmasq specific features?

Cheers,
Petr

--
Petr Menšík