Hi Simon,

It looks like there was a regression introduced in v2.69, specifically the
commit:

commit d68c2ca2b7896d6127f9b32d402f299e0b9cf593
Author: Simon Kelley <si...@thekelleys.org.uk>
Date:   Tue Feb 18 22:30:30 2014 +0000

    Cleanup of server reading code, preparation, for dynamic reading from
files.

Where if you use a list of explicit server= lines with strict-order (and
no-resolv), they were previously selected in a top-down manner.

These are now selected in a bottom-up manner, which is the reverse of what
you would want (basically selecting the least preferred server first).

See the gist here for steps to reproduce:
https://gist.github.com/DanielRussell/57ea022c95f56255fb7fc336a367b265

This was identified by my colleague Dan Russell + myself after finding
issues with recursive query performance following a dnsmasq upgrade. We
then noticed in our debug log stats that all queries were hitting the last
server configured.

If you can spot the culprit and apply a fix it would be appreciated :)

Regards,

Nathan Sullivan.