Hi all,

I would be interrested by the following feature:

In case we have a dns forward for a given domain and upstream dns server is
not available for this domain (connection refused on UDP port 53) , I want
TTL to be ignored (or countdown restarts to old TTL value or to
*min-cache-ttl*)   and still have the old record to be returned.

I am interrested in this feature to be used by our OpenShift infrastructure
in which we use dnsmasq to forward queries to our internal skydns.

In case of skydns not being available, for example, in case of a major
crash, we still want dnsmasq to return old values, until skydns is back
again.

Any thhougths ?

Akram