I setup a new vm running version 2.78 of dnsmasq.

I have this in my config:

enable-ra
dhcp-range=fd01::,ra-stateless,ra-names,64,24h

According to running dnsmasq in the foreground with -d

dnsmasq-dhcp: DHCPv6 stateless on fd01::
dnsmasq-dhcp: DHCPv4-derived IPv6 names on fd01::
dnsmasq-dhcp: router advertisement on fd01::
dnsmasq-dhcp: IPv6 router advertisement enabled

However I never see logs about sending router advertisements or receiving
router solicitations. I also confirmed they aren’t going out with
Wireshark. Are there any reasons why this wouldn’t work or does anyone know
what else I should look into to figure it out.

--
Matthew Keeler