On 2018-02-21 12:47, Simon Kelley wrote:
> In general "don't use --strict-order" is good advice. In hindsight I
> would never have provided that option.
>

> Simon.

Hi Simon,

This option has many use cases when you want to mainly use one DNS
server and only allow fallback in case of failure. In my lab environment
I have internal DNS (dnsmasq) that also resolves hostnames based on DHCP
leases and for every host with dnsmasq installed for caching purposes I
use that one set as upstream. If the main one is dead I want things to
continue working, but only if my central DNS fails.

It's good option if you really need it.

k.

--
Karol Augustin