On Wednesday 14 February 2018 16:03:44 Libor Peltan wrote:
> Good morning,

Hi!

> i would like to ask how to configure dnsmasq (DHCP options) to tell the
> client not to use this network for accessing Internet.
>
> My server is listening on bluetooth interface; mobile phone connects to the
> server and establishes networking over bluetooth. Server is serving DHCP to
> assign the mobile phone address for communicating with the server. This
> networking-over-bluetooth connection shall be only used for communication
> between those two. The server is offline anyway.
>
> My problem is, that once the mobile phone connects to my server, it sometimes
> attempts to use the bluetooth connection to access Internet, instead of using
> mobile networks (4G). Often web browsers fail to show webpages (DNS probe no
> internet).
>
> I tried to fix this issue with following parameters to dnsmasq:
>
> --dhcp-option=3 --dhcp-option=6 --dhcp-option=33,<serverIP>,<serverIP>
> --dhcp-option-force=121, <serverIP>/24, <serverIP>
>
> However it does not really help.

For a very similar setup I'm using following dnsmasq options:

-C /dev/null -F <first_ip>,<last_ip> -K -p 0 -O 3 -O 6

and it works fine for me. DHCP client does not set any gateway nor
recursive dns server, but sets an ip address.

If it does work, does it mean that your phone assigns some (random?)
gateway address? Or how that phone attempts to use bluetooth connection
if it does not have default gateway?

--
Pali Rohár
pali.ro...@gmail.com