Från: Dnsmasq-discuss <dnsmasq-discuss-boun...@lists.thekelleys.org.uk> för
Simon Kelley <si...@thekelleys.org.uk>
Skickat: den 7 mars 2018 00:36
Till: dnsmasq-discuss@lists.thekelleys.org.uk
Ämne: Re: [Dnsmasq-discuss] Dnsmasq dhcp-optsdir remove options problem

Sending SIGHUP _should_ force all options to be deleted and re-read.

When you say the entries are not removed, how are you measuring this?
It's quite likely that a DHCP client, having been sent an option, will
continue you using it whilst the least is renewed, even if the DHCP
server stops sending the option in renewals.

On 05/03/18 15:58, Lindgren Fredrik wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm using the option: "dhcp-optsdir=/etc/dnsmasq.d/opts/" in
> dnsmasq.conf file
>
> This works fine when I add or change options.
>
> Problem I'm having is when I remove a entry in a options file or remove
> a file completely (include sending SIGHUP to process)
>
> Then entries aren't removed
>
> Is this expected behavior or am I missing some option to dnsmasq?
>

> cmd line to start dnsmasq: "/usr/sbin/dnsmasq -x
> /var/run/dnsmasq/dnsmasq.pid -u dnsmasq -k -8 -"
>
> Version is: Dnsmasq version 2.75 (provided with ubuntu 16.04)
>

> Br,
>
> Fredrik

lists.thekelleys.org.uk
A list for discussion about the dnsmasq DNS and DHCP server. Configuration,
bugs and development. To control spam, only subscribers are allowed to post to
the list.