On 4/21/2018 10:02 AM, Sean Baughn wrote:
Hello. Is it possible to use tags with the address directive? Goal being to
specify a name resolution response based on a tag match. Example of my use
case:

dhcp-mac=set:kids,XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX #My kids computer
address=tag:kids,/youtube.com/127.0.0.1

The address line given above errors out. However I don't know if my syntax
is incorrect, or if the use of tags in the address directive is invalid.

According to:

http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/docs/dnsmasq-man.html

So you can't use tags with the '--address=' option:

$ dnsmasq --test
dnsmasq: error at line 1 of /etc/dnsmasq.conf

$ awk 'NR==1' /etc/dnsmasq.conf
address=tag:kids,/youtube.com/127.0.0.1

--
John Doe