Did you mean to send this three times?

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 05:07:01PM -0700, m...@farmwald.com wrote:
> I have a home network (call it 10.2.0.0/16) and multiple VPN
> connected networks (10.x.0.0/16).
> I would like each of the 10.x networks to have a separate dnsmasq,
> with their own DHCP and DNS server.
> However I'd like the 10.2 DNS server to hold DNS information for
> all of the networks. Thus I could first check the local (10.x) and
> then the home (10.2) DNS, ensuring I get information for all
> devices, no matter where the host is.
> I can't see an easy way to do this, but maybe I'm missing something.

Sounds like this:

http://rob0.nodns4.us/dnsmasq.html

Sorry, I just noticed that I never managed to link that from the main
page, so it probably does not rank well in search engines.

Note that you don't need to reinvent the DNS notify concept.  In fact
you can keep it simple as in my howto, with static entries for the
various remote sites.  If one of the sites is unreachable via the
VPN, no problem if those names fail to resolve.
--
  http://rob0.nodns4.us/