If you have specific questions I use wpad in my organization.

This is how it works..

https://findproxyforurl.com/wpad-introduction/

And blocking the relevant entries or sending them nxdomain would accomplish
what you ask.

So would having authoritative dns.. and not having wildcard entries..

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 5:23 PM al so <volks...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's about WPAD related attacks.
> Many routers do use dnsmasq library to offer DNS/DHCP service. How to
> blacklist WPAD?
>

> On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 8:23 AM, <wkitt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 07/30/2018 10:43 PM, al so wrote:
>>
>>> Is there an API to blacklist certain DNS domains which should get
>>> resolved?
>>>

>> do you mean blacklist them with NXDOMAIN even though they do exist?
>>
>> from dnsmasq.conf
>>
>> # block these domains with NXDOMAIN
>> server=/example.com/
>> server=/facebook.com/
>> server=/fbcdn.net/
>> server=/fbcdn.com/
>> server=/facebook.net/
>>

>> --
>>  NOTE: No off-list assistance is given without prior approval.

Network Analyst
Poughkeepsie City School District
SMS & Mobile: (202) 810-5827
twitter.com/bcookatpcsd

This message may contain confidential information and is intended only for
the individual(s) named. If you are not an intended recipient you are not
authorized to disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify
the sender immediately if you have received this e-mail by mistake and
delete this e-mail from your system.