Hello Uwe,

>> My recommendation to the reporter:
>> - Don't use stateful DHCPv6 in Germany, that does not work well. You
>> clients should get the addresses using router advertisements. For static
hosts assign static names in your own domain. The "ra-names"
>> assigns both the IPv4 and IPv6 address to the SLAAC name, so lookup
>> works fine. With router advertisements, DNSmasq will send "deprecated"

> As you correctly recognized, the reason for usage of stateful DHCPv6 was
to get correct dynamic name resolution for IPv6.
> I also see the combination of DHCPv4 with SLAAC as possible workaround,
I've to try it

I've set it up as you suggested, initially name resolution seems to work
fine. But after some days of operation (and some nightly reconnects) dnsmasq
seems to loose associated IPv6 adresses: DNS request reports only IPv6
address assigned via DHCP. The SLAAC-based IPv6 addresses on hosts are
present and correct. How can I investigate and fix this issue?

Best regards,
--
Andrey Vakhitov

E-Mail:  and...@vakhitov.net            Stuttgart, Germany