Hi Simon,

On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 7:30 PM Simon Kelley <si...@thekelleys.org.uk> wrote:
> Simplest test is to make whichdevice always return NULL, and see if that
> helps.

Making whichdevice() always return NULL makes the issue go away.
Without the change, DHCP after a network restart (which triggers
recreating devices) only works after I manually restart dnsmasq. With
the change, DHCP works fine. Chainging dnsmasq to use two interfaces
also makes the issue disappear. I unfortunately do not know what has
suddenly triggered this error. I see that the code in whichdevice() is
from 2012/2013, so it must be something in a different component.

Carrying a local patch is no problem for me, but I guess a generic
solution is desirable. Would a patch adding a configuration option be
acceptable?

BR,
Kristian