On Monday, October 8, 2018 2:24:59 AM CDT Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant wrote:
> > On 8 Oct 2018, at 02:58, Mouath Ibrahim <dnsmasq at mouath.com> wrote:
> > 
> > Hello,
> > 
> > I ran the PoC supplied by Google research team found here:
> > https://github.com/
> > google/security-research-pocs/blob/master/vulnerabilities/dnsmasq/
> > CVE-2017-14495.py
> > 
> > and noticed immediately that dnsmasq process uses up 100% CPU usage and
> > stops responding to queries short after based on the original CVE the
> > effect was high memory usage but in this cause it was not.
> > 
> > note dnsmasq didn't have any of these options set "--add-mac, --add-cpe-id
> > or --add-subnet".
> > 
> > Regards,
> > Mouath Ibrahim
> I am unable to reproduce.  Against which version/s of dnsmasq did you try?
> Cheers,
> Kevin D-B
> 012C ACB2 28C6 C53E 9775  9123 B3A2 389B 9DE2 334A

I'm using 2.79 on arch linux machine with an i5 @ 2.53GHz
and a patched version from the Pi-Hole team v4.0 that is a forked from 2.79, 
this one is running on my raspberry pi 3

I've also tested it on a manjaro linux and ended up crashing kde for me, 
something with the bus could be not related.

I mainly run unbound as a recursive resolver so I thought that could be the 
cause but it wasn't. I set up both machines (pi and arch) to use and as upstream and ran 3rd on my desktop to forward queries to both of 

dnsmasq couldn't resolve anything and eventually i had to stop it. cpu 
overheats quick.

wish I can give more details, but I'm no expert.


Dnsmasq-discuss mailing list

Reply via email to