Hi everyone,

I've had a strange issue I've been trying to resolve over the past few days
where dnsmasq seems to only be allowing part of a zone transfer through,
causing dig to hang.

I opened a Stackoverflow post to track it with most of the information I've
found.
https://serverfault.com/questions/933956/large-axfr-through-dnsmasq-causes-dig-to-hang-with-partial-results

With a tcpdump comparing a request with dnsmasq acting as forwarder and
without, I can see in both cases that the upstream bind server replies with two
packets, 2521 bytes and 189 bytes. When digging dnsmasq, the first packet is
read out correctly and dig sits and waits for the second packet, which for some
reason it never seems to receive.

When digging bind directly, dig receives both packets and reads out the answer
correctly. I'm guessing I'm hitting a packet size limit causing it to split the
response, but why does dig not receive the second packet from dnsmasq?

Kind regards,
Connor Bell