On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 07:44:14AM +0300, Denis wrote:
> Hello, everyone!
>
> In my dnsmasq.conf "server=/local/127.0.0.1" doesn't seem to work. At
> least, it doesn't work how I thought it was supposed to work. I was
> under the impression that server=/$domainname/$address should cause the
> $domainname to be looked up only in $address. However, like I said,
> I have the line "server=/local/127.0.0.1", dnsmasq --test returns
> "syntax check OK", but my *.local names are not resolved.
>
> Here's the full content of my dnsmasq.conf:
>
> domain-needed
> bogus-priv
> strict-order
> server=/local/127.0.0.1
> local=/local/
> listen-address=127.0.0.1
> no-dhcp-interface=127.0.0.1
> expand-hosts
> domain=local
>
> Am I missing something, or is this option not supposed to work like I think?

Text from the manual page of dnsmasq

|  -S,   --local,
|              Specify IP address of upstream servers directly.
|
|  local is a synonym for server

Comment out your 'server=' and 'local=' lines or remove them.
Try again and report back.

If the "*.local" still aren't resolved. Tell more how it is done.
(programs and computer being used, what should be the result, why)
I'm asking because the
> listen-address=127.0.0.1
is somewhat strange ..

Groeten