Hi Denis,

.local is reserved domain for mdns, therefore by default it's resolved
mdns multicast on the client, not via dns.
check nsswitch.conf, if you're on linux, maybe for windows host
there's something similar.
it's not recommended to use .local domains for internal services.

чт, 13 дек. 2018 г. в 10:27, Denis <den...@posteo.de>:

> Hello, everyone!
>
> In my dnsmasq.conf "server=/local/127.0.0.1" doesn't seem to work. At least,
> it doesn't work how I thought it was supposed to work. I was under the
> impression that server=/$domainname/$address should cause the $domainname to
> be looked up only in $address. However, like I said, I have the line
> "server=/local/127.0.0.1", dnsmasq --test returns "syntax check OK", but my
> *.local names are not resolved.
>
> Here's the full content of my dnsmasq.conf:
>
> domain-needed
> bogus-priv
> strict-order
> server=/local/127.0.0.1
> local=/local/
> listen-address=127.0.0.1
> no-dhcp-interface=127.0.0.1
> expand-hosts
> domain=local
>
> Am I missing something, ir is this option not supposed to work like I think?
>
> --
> Respectfully,
> Denis Shadrin

Best regards, Vladislav Grishenko