Hi there,

Forgive my ignorance on all matters dnsmasq/ipv6 - I'm coming to this
from the 'desktop' end and I've not got much experience here.

We noticed in Ubuntu that our NetworkManager testsuite started failing
once we had copied dnsmasq 2.80-1 from unstable. What this testsuite
does (you can read the code at [1] if you're interested) is start
dnsmasq in the given mode (supplied by the testcase), create some fake
interfaces, and verify that the interfaces come up properly.

The testcase "test_auto_ip6_raonly_no_pe" started failing.  What we see
is that the test times out, and when that happens the dnsmasq log file
is filled with

  dnsmasq-dhcp[2010]: RTR-ADVERT(veth42) 2600::

repeating over and over. You can view a log file including all the
dnsmasq log entries at [2] - it's huge though, so I suggest downloading
it and using a real text editor instead of your browser.

This test starts dnsmasq in ra-only mode, and that seems to be the case
that's broken. Since this started happening in a new version, I was able
to bisect 2.79 to 2.80, and I found that commit
0a496f059c1e9d75c33cce4c1211d58422ba4f62 is the first bad commit.
Indeed, reverting that on master causes the NM testsuite to start
passing again.

Can anyone help shed some light please? Are we looking at a dnsmasq bug,
or something that our testsutie is doing wrong? If any more information
would be helpful then I'm more than happy to provide it.

Cheers all,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ i...@orangesquash.org.uk ]
Debian Developer                                   [ la...@debian.org ]