I've worked through the patch, and been inspired to clean up a few
long-standing nasty bits. This has the consequence that the mechanisms
which were added to enable storage of DNSKEY and DS RRtypes during the
the DNSSEC campaign are now much more general, and I've used them to
implement SRV caching. The new code is therefore all mine, as are any
bugs, but the net effect is the same as Jeremy's (I hope).

I didn't implement a config switch to disable caching of SRV records,
because I can't conceive of a situation where such would be necessary.

Code is in the git repo now, and we're eating the new dog food here.
Please test away.