Hi John,

thanks for your reply.

I did some tests with your hints.

On 7.1.2019 17:41, john doe wrote:

Some hints from dnsmasq.conf:

# Give the machine which says its name is "bert" IP address
# 192.168.0.70 and an infinite lease
#dhcp-host=bert,192.168.0.70,infinite

Do not work with my setup, because when we re-deploy a VM, the MAC address will be autom. changed. The re-delpoyed VM will than get a different IP as the old vm had before.

# Always give the host with client identifier 01:02:02:04
# the IP address 192.168.0.60
#dhcp-host=id:01:02:02:04,192.168.0.60

# Always give the host with client identifier "marjorie"
# the IP address 192.168.0.60
#dhcp-host=id:marjorie,192.168.0.60

OK, the setting of the DHCP Client ID on the linux clients to example the "hostname" will fix the problem. But, as far as I see, I can not change or set the DHCP Client-ID on Windows systems :-( Or, when we need to run a vm appliance, where I do not have access to the OS, this option will also not work.

Do you have an other idea how I can fix the problem?

# Enable the address given for "judge" in /etc/hosts
# to be given to a machine presenting the name "judge" when
# it asks for a DHCP lease.
#dhcp-host=judge

See also (1) for more info on 'dhcp-host'.

1)  http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/docs/dnsmasq-man.html

Maybe is it possible to "patch" the code of dnsmasq, where dnsmasq can ignore the MAC address in the DHCP task?

Many Thanks
Michael