On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 03:38:27PM +0900, 西谷優希 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> http://lists.thekelleys.org.uk/pipermail/dnsmasq-discuss/2010q1/003844.html
> As mentioned in this post, a PXE request contains a GUID / UUID value.
> Is there a way to refer this GUID / UUID in dhcp script?
>
> I'd like to implement like below:
> 1. execute PXE Boot
> 2. send DHCP request to dhsmasq
> 3. hook dhcp-script which does:
>   - refer UUID of the client
>   - take the the client information from CMDB
>   - create pxelinux.cfg/<UUID> with the taken information(e.g. RAID type,
> kernel version)
> 4. send DHCP response to the host
> 5. booting goes on ...
>
> Of course, it is possible to use the MAC address of NIC in place of UUID,
> but it can be changed by repair and replacement and the priority of UUID is
> higher than the MAC address of NIC for pxelinux.
> So it's great if GUID / UUID can be referred in dhcp script.

I did read that as
  How are GUID/UUID provided to  dhcp-script?

Reading http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/docs/dnsmasq-man.html
did not clearly reveal it.  My startpoint would

|  If the client provides user-classes,
DNSMASQ_USER_CLASS0..DNSMASQ_USER_CLASSn

and see if DNSMASQ_USER_CLASS97 is indeed GUID/UUID

Hope this helps,

Regards
Geert Stappers
Devops Engineer Hendrikx ITC