@Jan?

(I suspect that nothing has changed, except that a previously silent
error is now no longer silent, but it would be nice to confirm this, and
maybe explicitly consider this case.)

Simon



On 08/04/2019 15:24, e9hack wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I'm using the latest dnsmasq version with openwrt. There are two instances 
> running. One provides dhcpv4, dhcpv6 and dns
> to several networks, the other one dhcpv4 to one network only. It looks like, 
> that the second instance has a problem
> with ubus:
> 
> Sun Apr  7 18:37:34 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[1808]: Connected to system UBus
> Sun Apr  7 18:37:34 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[1808]: started, version 
> 2.80-52-ga2b8220 cachesize 300
> Sun Apr  7 18:37:34 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[1808]: compile time options: 
> IPv6 GNU-getopt no-DBus UBus no-i18n no-IDN
> DHCP DHCPv6 no-Lua no-TFTP no-conntrack no-ipset auth DNSSEC no-ID 
> loop-detect inotify dumpfile
> Sun Apr  7 18:37:34 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[1808]: UBus support enabled: 
> connected to system bus
> Sun Apr  7 18:37:34 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[1808]: DNSSEC validation enabled
> Sun Apr  7 18:37:34 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[1808]: DNSSEC signature 
> timestamps not checked until receipt of SIGINT
> Sun Apr  7 18:37:34 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[1808]: configured with trust 
> anchor for <root> keytag 20326
> Sun Apr  7 18:37:34 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[1808]: configured with trust 
> anchor for <root> keytag 19036
> Sun Apr  7 18:37:34 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[1808]: using only locally-known 
> addresses for domain test
> Sun Apr  7 18:37:34 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[1808]: using only locally-known 
> addresses for domain onion
> Sun Apr  7 18:37:34 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[1808]: using only locally-known 
> addresses for domain localhost
> Sun Apr  7 18:37:34 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[1808]: using only locally-known 
> addresses for domain local
> Sun Apr  7 18:37:34 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[1808]: using only locally-known 
> addresses for domain invalid
> Sun Apr  7 18:37:34 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[1808]: using only locally-known 
> addresses for domain bind
> Sun Apr  7 18:37:34 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[1808]: using nameserver 
> 2a02:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx#53
> Sun Apr  7 18:37:34 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[1808]: using nameserver 
> 46.zzz.zzz.zzz#53
> Sun Apr  7 18:37:34 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[1808]: using nameserver 
> 2a03:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx#53
> Sun Apr  7 18:37:34 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[1808]: using nameserver 
> 146.zzz.zzz.zzz#53
> Sun Apr  7 18:37:34 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[1808]: using only locally-known 
> addresses for domain lan
> Sun Apr  7 18:37:34 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[1808]: read /etc/hosts - 4 
> addresses
> Sun Apr  7 18:37:34 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[1808]: read /tmp/hosts/dhcp.main 
> - 29 addresses
> Sun Apr  7 18:37:34 2019 daemon.err dnsmasq[1809]: Cannot add object to UBus: 
> Invalid argument
> Sun Apr  7 18:37:34 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[1809]: started, version 
> 2.80-52-ga2b8220 DNS disabled
> Sun Apr  7 18:37:34 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[1809]: compile time options: 
> IPv6 GNU-getopt no-DBus UBus no-i18n no-IDN
> DHCP DHCPv6 no-Lua no-TFTP no-conntrack no-ipset auth DNSSEC no-ID 
> loop-detect inotify dumpfile
> Sun Apr  7 18:37:34 2019 daemon.info dnsmasq[1809]: UBus support enabled: bus 
> connection pending
> 
>>From the first I see:
> daemon.info dnsmasq[1808]: Connected to system UBus
> daemon.info dnsmasq[1808]: UBus support enabled: connected to system bus
> 
>>From the second I see:
> daemon.err dnsmasq[1809]: Cannot add object to UBus: Invalid argument
> daemon.info dnsmasq[1809]: UBus support enabled: bus connection pending
> 
> Sometimes, the starting sequence is inverted. The error occurs all the time 
> on the seconded started instance only.
> 
> This occurs since this commit:
> 
> commit        a2b8220f4e82e454bbc0013ee83ea3220111d92e
> Improved UBus supported
> 
> Regards,
> Hartmut
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Dnsmasq-discuss mailing list
> Dnsmasq-discuss@lists.thekelleys.org.uk
> http://lists.thekelleys.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/dnsmasq-discuss
> 


_______________________________________________
Dnsmasq-discuss mailing list
Dnsmasq-discuss@lists.thekelleys.org.uk
http://lists.thekelleys.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/dnsmasq-discuss

Reply via email to