On Mon, 2019-04-08 at 20:41 +0100, Simon Kelley wrote:
> > I've to give it some thought about how we could support multiple Dnsmasq
> > instances in
> > combination with UBus. Not sure how the DBus implementation would handle
> > this...
>
> It doesn't: the path is a compile-time parameter.
>
> It's not clear that the entities on the other end of the UBus under
> openwrt could cope with multiple instances. The pragmatic solution might
> be to turn Ubus off for one of them.

There's one solution I can think of: making the name under which we register
the UBus
object configurable (with "dnsmasq" as default for backwards compatibility). It
would
allow multiple instances to be configured each with their own unique name.

We could extend the existing `enable-ubus` flag to allow this name to be
supplied from the
command line/configuration file.

@Simon Kelley: WDYT?