On 4/10/19 12:55 PM, Jan Willem Janssen wrote:
There's one solution I can think of: making the name under which we register
the UBus object configurable (with "dnsmasq" as default for backwards
compatibility). It would allow multiple instances to be configured each with
their own unique name.

this is exactly what i was thinking of in my post where i mistakenly wrote dbus instead of ubus...

We could extend the existing `enable-ubus` flag to allow this name to be
supplied from the command line/configuration file.

exactly the idea i proposed... what's that saying about like minds thinking in like manner? ;)