Hello everyone.

I'm currently working on a small home network voip system, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get dnsmasq to send dhcp option 12 hostnames to clients. I've tried all the obvious methods, including /etc/ethers, dhcp-hostsfile entries, dhcp-ignore-names, dhcp-generate-names, tag sets, etc. with no luck.

As I was searching the list archices, I noticed a comment from Simon mentioning that dnsmasq will not send a dhcp option 12 hostname to a client if the client sends a hostname to dnsmasq, and none of my configuration attempts seem to be able to override this behavior.

The reason for attempting this, is that I have 2 voip ata adapters, which are Linksys/Cisco SPA3000 and they are configured by default to send the hostname "SipuraSPA." and I am attempting to configure and provision these devices automatically, as opposed to logging into each device individually everytime they need to be configured.

So in summary, is there any way to tell dnsmasq to send a dhcp option 12 hostname to a client reliably, everytime, regardless of what the client is sending ?

Thanks in advance.
Kevin Flynn
kevflynn69 "at" gmail "period" com