What about the lease file (no lease there with the MACs and hostnames
that are giving you trouble) and you insure that the lease file does not
contain the MAC and hostnames between eatch change?

--
John Doe

After each change to /etc/dnsmasq.conf I use:

1) 'systemctl stop dnsmasq' to end dnsmasq background execution
2) followed by 'rm /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases' to delete the lease file
3) followed by 'systemctl start dnsmasq' to restart dnsmasq

The commands are in a short executable bash script. So no, I do not believe
this is a problem related to an existing lease file.

Kevin Flynn