Hi

I have some servers with linux 2.6.18.

I know... but I cannot upgrade because of legacy applications, it's ok for us,
they are only for intranet usage.

Pls a few questions:

1) configure and compile vs dnsmasq --help

I want only the DNS daemon, a minimal version (not authoritative).

I tried this:

     make COPTS="-DNO_AUTH DNO_DHCP -DNO_INOTIFY -DNO_IPV6 -DNO_SCRIPT
-DNO_TFTP"

and it succeded.

However running

     src/dnsmasq --help

I still see some options regarding the excluded features (like dhcp).

Is this ok ?

2) dependencies

>From the  http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/CHANGELOG

I don't understand the dependencies on shared libraries.

Example: an excerpt from ver 2.79

        Tidy up Crypto code, removing workarounds for ancient
        versions of libnettle. We now require libnettle 3.

With the aforementioned options (1), is libnettled required?

The output of ldd src/dnsmasq shows only

        linux-vdso.so.1 =>  (0x00002aaaaaaab000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib64/libc.so.6 (0x0000003ed4800000)
        /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x0000003ed4400000)

On linux  2.6.18 I tried to download and compile libnettle3, but there are too
many broken dependencies.
Is it possibile to use dnsmasq 2.80 without this library?

Best regards, Massimo Sala
---
ATS BG | health care, non profit organization | Bergamo, ITALY

[ATS logo]
Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio e nei suoi allegati sono ad
esclusivo beneficio del corretto destinatario e sono da considerarsi
confidenziali e riservate. Qualora abbiate ricevuto il messaggio per errore,
siete pregati di darne immediata notizia al mittente e di provvedere alla sua
cancellazione. La rivelazione del contenuto di corrispondenza destinata ad
altri e ricevuta per errore è perseguibile penalmente e può costituire un
trattamento illecito di dati personali.

This e-mail and any attachment is confidential and only for use of the intended
recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender, and then delete
this message from your system.

Prima di stampare, pensa all'ambiente.