On Sun, Aug 04, 2019 at 05:20:43PM -0400, dnsmasqyq....@neverbox.com wrote:
> Consolidating replies in one email again,

I call that "consolidating" "mixing", "blending", "poluting"   :-(

> So what else I can use beside `resolvectl`?
>
> | Basically, look at the top of /etc/resolv.conf to see what is handeling it.
>
> Ah, thank!
>
> $ systemd-resolve --status | tail -11
> Link 2 (eth0)
>       Current Scopes: DNS
>        LLMNR setting: yes
> MulticastDNS setting: no
>       DNSSEC setting: no
>     DNSSEC supported: no
>          DNS Servers: 192.168.0.100
>                       192.168.0.10
>                       2607:f798:18:10:0:640:7125:xxxx
>                       2607:f798:18:10:0:640:7125:yyyy
>           DNS Domain: my.own.domain.tld
>
> | Somehow I do read "`dig host` expecting `dig host.domain.tld`"
> | because I have been bitten by assuming that domain name always
> | gets added.
>
> Bingo! That's exactly the problem!!
>
> | Recheck the configuration of your DHCP server ...
>
> For DHCP server configuration, I'm following this almost word for word:
> https://sfxpt.wordpress.com/2013/11/30/dnsmasq-installation-configuration-5/
>
> So how do I make sure that the domain name always gets added, in my
> DHCP/DNS server configuration?

Wrong question. Probably due jumping to conclusions.

Show us, this mailinglist, the content of  /etc/resolv.conf
Output of `dig foo`, `dig foo.my.own.domain.tld` and `ping -c 3 foo`.
Where 'foo' is host known at the local DNS.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
Who thinks that OP has a working configuration ...
--
Leven en laten leven