On 8/5/2019 9:05 AM, Geert Stappers wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 04, 2019 at 11:19:22PM -0500, Andrew Miskell wrote:

>>> - - - - - -
>>> $ cat /etc/resolv.conf
>>> # Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by
>>> resolvconf(8)
>>> #     DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
>>> # 127.0.0.53 is the systemd-resolved stub resolver.
>>> # run "systemd-resolve --status" to see details about the actual
>>> nameservers.
>>> nameserver 127.0.0.53
>>> search my.domain.tld

Based on the above:

how are your interfaces configured (NetworkManager, systemd-network,
/etc/network/interfaces, ...)?
Normally, 'systemd-resolved' is only to be used when 'systemd-networkd'
is used.

So, assuming that you only configured your interfaces using NM, you need
to look at NM and the 'resolvconf' package.
That is, stay with systemd or NM, or /etc/network/interfaces but avoid
mixing them if possible.

--
John Doe