From: John Knight
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2019 10:07 AM
To: dnsmasq-discuss@lists.thekelleys.org.uk
Subject: Re: Best way to handle dual-wans with dnsmasq (John Knight)

Hi Petr,

In my situation with dual-wans, I am not too concerned about management network
being accessible to  all users, so using a single dnsmasq is acceptable.  I am
using dnsmasq to serve dhcp and dns requests on the data network, but it only
needs to support dns requests on the management network.

What I have tried so far is to add the nameserver entries for both wans to
resolv.conf.  However, I am seeing dns queries only go to the data wan... they
are not going to the management wan.   How does dnsmasq know that nameserver
xx.xx.xx.xx is on management wan, and nameserver yy.yy.yy.yy is on data wan...
and how does dnsmasq know to query both wans for any given dns request?  I
think what I had hoped is that dnsmasq would first query dns server upstream on
the data wan, then if it did not resolve the address, it would then try to
query the dns server on the management wan.

I know there is a listen address which I presume is somehow used to in essence
route the request to a given wan, but I am not sure.  I think what I really
need is an example on how to do this.

Thanks for your help with this.

John
__________________________________________________________________ Confidential
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are the property of Belkin
International, Inc. and/or its affiliates, are confidential, and are intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is
addressed. If you are not one of the named recipients or otherwise have reason
to believe that you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender and delete this message immediately from your computer. Any other use,
retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is
strictly prohibited. Pour la version fran?aise:
http://www.belkin.com/email-notice/French.html F?r die deutsche ?bersetzung:
http://www.belkin.com/email-notice/German.html