On Sat, Sep 07, 2019 at 10:05:33AM -0700, Kurt H Maier wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 07, 2019 at 12:02:35AM -0700, Shota Hino wrote:
> > http://uncrustify.sourceforge.net/ is one, but any reasonable code
> > formatter should be able to replace leading white-spaces with tabs or vice
> > versa.
> >
> > I am surprised that nobody complained about this.
>
> Consider focusing on the non-whitespace.  Your organization can run code
> formatters on your internal release branches.  There isn't much benefit
> to this bikeshedding for most developers.

What the f?

Asking for consistent code style is NOT "bikeshedding".
Please either ignore a request for change OR encourage it.

We, this mailinglist, have no clue how much code improvements we missed
due lack of code style. So whenever a First Time Poster asks
for guidance on spaces versus tabs, be aware that F.T.P. made some
effort to look at the source code. Consider that her/his reason
was a need for modification. A modification you not yet know you want.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Leven en laten leven