please ignore the above email, further testing showed it is fine, what is
not fine is:

cname=site.com,site1.com
cname=site.com,site2.com

or

cname=www.site.com,site1.com
cname=www.site.com,site1.com

which are indeed duplicates or conflicts, dnsmasq reports duplicate error
correctly, I still prefer it pick up one and issue a warning, instead of
shutting down itself though.