On Sun, Sep 08, 2019 at 06:36:37PM -0500, Gordon Shawn wrote:
> which are indeed duplicates or conflicts, dnsmasq reports duplicate error
> correctly, I still prefer it pick up one and issue a warning, instead of
> shutting down itself though.

Writing software that ignores explicit configuration directives is a
great way to wind up with undebuggable software.  In a conflict, which
one wins?  In the case of duplicates, what else in the configuration is
unreliable and/or unintentional?

It's much safer to exit.  If you're concerned about outages, use --test
before you make changes to the production service.

khm