HI There

FWIW, please allow me to share a pointer to the Open Source MacOSX/Windows tool
DOX [1] that allows to to send queries via Classic DNS, DoT and DoH.

To check for encrypted DNS in form of DNS-over-TLS from a command line, you
might want to use kdig from the knot-dnsutils package [2], it defaults to port
853 in case of +tls being set.
kdig can of course also check for Classic DNS.

kdig a example.com +tls @1.1.1.1

I trust that you are likely aware of the classic dig.

BR, Normen

[1] https://github.com/wttw/dox/releases/tag/v0.1.4
<https://github.com/wttw/dox/releases/tag/v0.1.4>
[2] https://pkgs.org/download/knot-dnsutils