I want to know if this is in spec, or needs out of spec hacks:

For any dhcp client request, server gives the same IP.

The use case: dnsmasq is serving on 1 interface, and a client will be
directly connected to that interface - no hub/switch/vlan etc. So there can
only be 1 device ever connected, and I want that device to have 10.1.2.3 -
even if I yank  it and plug in a 2nd device with a different mac etc.
The device should get 10.1.2.3.

Even if the previous lease has not expired.    which is where I suspect
this gets sketchy.   But maybe the spec has a prevision for this.

--
Carl K