Hi,

The reason for this is a “default domain” entry in the Windows 7 laptop
configuration, so it is sent by the client in the case of a missing domain. It
was not added by dnsmasq, but by the Windows client.

On the other hand, this still resolves, because you seem to also have a “domain
= home” in your dnsmasq config, so the “mymovies” entry working also for the
deafult domain on the dnsmasq side. As the windows device (using dnsmasq also
for DHCP) gets the default domain by the above entry.

I am not sure what your problem is, to me it looks like it’s configured
correctly. If you want “.ncp” your preferred domain, set “domain = ncp” and
only keep the first entry.

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler